International Dog Day 2020: It is celebrated on 26 August to recognise the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year. It is said that No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich. Let us have a look at history, some famous quotes, wishes, messages, significance, etc.
International Dog Day 2020: It is celebrated on 26 August to pay tribute to these incredible animals who work selflessly to bring comfort, keep us safe and save lives. The day also helps to recognise the number of dogs that must be rescued every year, from pure breed rescuers, rescues, and public shelters.
We all know that dogs put their lives on the line every day. They protect our safety and freedom by detecting drugs and bombs, also pull victims from wreckages and tragic situations. Dogs are also family friends, people keep dogs at their home and hold special places in our lives.
International Dog Day: History
In 2004, the day was founded by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, Animal Rescue Advocate, Conservationist Dog Trainer, and Author, Colleen Paige. He is also the founder of various other holidays like National Puppy Day, National Mutt Day, National Cat Day, etc. to bring attention to the importance of animals across the world and encourages the adoption.
26th August Date is chosen because on this date Colleen’s family adopted her first dog “Sheltie” from the local animal shelter. That time Colleen was 10 years old.
International Dog Day: Significance
The day is celebrated for all dogs whether mixed breed or pure. The main objective of the day is to galvanize the public to recognize the various dogs that need to be rescued each year.
The day also honours all the family dogs and dogs that work selflessly to save lives and keep us safe. They protect our family and houses for his or her law enforcement partner, for their blind companion, for the disabled, for our freedom and safety by detecting bombs and drugs and help us to locate and rescue victims of accidents and tragedy.
International Dog Day: Quotes
1. “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
2. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”- Josh Billings
3. “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
4. “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
5. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
6. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” – M.K. Clinton
7. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles M. Schulz
8. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles de Gaulle
9. “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” – Johnny Depp
10. “Whoever said you can’t buy Happiness forgot little puppies.” – Gene Hill
11. “Dogs should not have to lose their lives because of the atrocities they have been forced to endure at the hands of man.” – Colleen Paige
International Dog Day: Wishes and Messages
1. When you are sad or have had a bad and tiring day then just a cute dog can make it a good day for you. Happy International Dog Day!